Eggy bread is extremely simple, but is always a treat nevertheless. Ideal for breakfast or brunch, this dish is perfect with a little powdered sugar and fresh fruit.
|One is never enough...|
- 2 eggs
- dash of milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- knob of butter
- 2-4 slices of bread
- In a shallow dish, beat together the eggs, milk and vanilla essence.
- Place bread into the egg mixture and let both sides soak up the mix.
- Meanwhile, heat a knob of butter in a frying pan until it is close to burning.
- Once foaming, place the bread slice and fry until golden brown on both sides. (see photograph)
- To finish, sprinkle on some powdered sugar and slice some fresh fruit for extra taste for that real brunch feel!